No Media Kings
Based in Toronto, Canada
30 Oct, 2015
Apple App Store
Wonderland: A Solvitur Ambulando Mystery is an hour-long audio drama set circa 1914, in Toronto's rough-and-tumble Junction neighbourhood. The end of each chapter poses a puzzle -- solve it with what you learned in the previous chapter, and unlock the next one. But if you're stuck, just put your iPhone in your pocket and go for a walk... every 100 steps, one of the letters in the puzzle is filled in.
"Solvitur Ambulando" is a latin phrase that means "Walking solves it." Famously used by wandering medieval monks as a mantra, we wanted to make a game that uses walking as both a hint-delivery mechanic and a source of contemplative inspiration. Wonderland was originally prototyped at TOJam 2013, received the support of the Toronto Arts Council and the Ontario Arts Council, and benefited from research assistance from the West Toronto Junction Historical Society.
- Quality Audio Drama: A videogame written by an experienced novelist, recorded and voice-acted by professionals.
- Walking Solves It: Hints delivered through GPS and accelerometer tracking. Like walking simulators? You'll love our walking stimulator.
- Century Old Graphics: Like your graphics retro? Ours our positively archival.
- Contemplative Play: Know a non-gamer who likes historical mysteries and word puzzles? They might like this!
Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade 2015 Finalist" Los Angeles, Oct. 2015
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
For archival purposes. nomediakings.org.
About No Media Kings
25 years of indie media makin', from books, to films, to games.
More information on No Media Kings, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Wonderland: A Solvitur Ambulando Mystery Credits
Writer and creator
Sound direction and audio engineering